Regarding individual applicants

In order to receive your residence permit, you must be able to prove that you have housing for the duration of the academic year.

Given that ULCO has very few university residences, finding housing is hard. Therefore, your housing search will be for private landlords.

The average rent is around 320€ and sometimes you will have to pay for utilities such as: heating, electricity, insurance, water, phone… without forgetting to include housing insurance.

Once you have found housing, you will also need to pay a security deposit which is two or three months of rent to be paid when you receive the keys. The security deposit will be given back to you when you leave as long as you :

return the keys
the landlord has verified the property and possible damages and that all bills have been payed

It is possible to receive housing assistance from the Family Allowance Fund (Caisse d’Allocation Familiale (CAF))

In order to be eligible for this aid, you must meet certain criteria such as having a Long-Stay Visa (VLS-TS) or a Residence Permit.

Delays in the obtainment of said aid can be of multiple months, you will have to pay rent without financial aid for some months while you wait for your VLS-TS visa approval by the services of the Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration (OFII)

Some information on the cities :

Summary of the steps to be taken in order to find housing for the 2018/2019 academic year.
This process is only for international students whose parent (mother and father) do not reside in France and that have completed a first enrollment at a higher education institution in the Academy of Lille.

IMPORTANT: this should be completed before may 31 2018

CROUS 2018-2019 information for incoming students

You will find all information regarding registration procedures on the ULCO’s website

For any additional information regarding enrollment to programs excluding exchange programs, you should contact ULCO’s Student Affairs Department:

Office of Enrollment (Bureau des Inscriptions Administratives)

Phone : +33 (0)3 28 23 73 73 or

Téléphone +33 (0)3 28 23 73 73 ou


1 place de l’Yser, BP 71022
59375 Dunkerque Cedex 1

+33(0)3 28 23 73 28